Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Rolling rally

I went to the Red Sox rolling rally yesterday! I was standing along Tremont St., near Boston Common, and I was in the second row of people. I arrived slightly after 11, and the parade didn't reach us until about 12:50. I didn't really mind the wait, though; there was plenty of excitement going on. Everyone was yelling, chanting, and throwing toilet paper from one side of the street to the other! There were a lot of cops, including a swat team, and I saw two people get arrested. The crowd started cheering whenever any vehicle went by, which was quite amusing. Whenever a police car or a cop on a bicycle went by, they would get covered in toilet paper, because it was all over the ground and was blowing around in the wind!

I was across the street from a Suffolk University dorm and an apartment building, and of course everyone who lived there watched from the windows. Some people threw toilet paper, and even candy, down to the crowd! One room in the dorm must have been inhabited by Yankee fans, because they put up a sign that read "World Series - Red Sox 7, Yankees 26."

I got a few pictures, and the best ones are below:


No comments: