Thursday, October 16, 2008

The media is biased toward Obama

Did you know that Barack Obama once said there were 57 states in the US?

I didn't either, until this week when I saw it briefly mentioned in the Metro. Obama made this gaffe way back in May. At a rally during the primaries, he said...

"It is wonderful to be back in Oregon. Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it."

None of the media have made a big deal out of Obama's misstatement at all. I watch the news and read newspapers pretty often, and I never heard about it.

On the other hand, you'd have to be living under a rock not to have heard about Sarah Palin's comment that "you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska.” In fact, Palin's comment was not inaccurate, as there are Alaskan islands from which Russia can be seen.

So when Palin makes a comment that is not even inaccurate, the media relentlessly exploits it in an attempt to make her look stupid. When Obama says something that most kindergartners would know was wrong, the media ignores it. That, more than anything else, shows how biased the mainstream media is toward Obama.