Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Battle of the Davids

I've been watching American Idol the whole season, but now that it's the finale I'm finally going to blog about it. I'm watching it right now as I'm writing...

Round 1:
David Cook sang: "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2
David Archuleta sang: "Don't Let the Sun go Down on Me" by Elton John
Well, I liked David C's song better, and I thought he did an absolutely awesome job performing it. I honestly didn't think David A was going to be as good this round. But then he started singing, and his vocals were just flawless. So this round ends up as a tie for me.

Round 2:
David Cook sang: "Dream Big"
David Archuleta sang: "Stuck in this Moment"
I liked both of their songs, and they both gave good performances, but I think David A's vocals were just a little bit better. It's amazing that such a big voice comes out of such a little guy! And it's even more amazing that he's only 17 years old.

Round 3:
David Cook sang: "The World I Know" by Collective Soul
David Archuleta sang: "Imagine" by John Lennon
I liked that David C did a song that he didn't do already; it always annoys me when they sing the same song twice. Plus, he did an absolutely great job on it. I liked his performance better than the original version of the song. But again, David A's vocals were perfect. I think this round was a tie, too.

I guess if f I must pick a favorite I pick David Archuleta. He has the greatest personality. It's so funny how he kept saying "gosh!" when he visited home. But I didn't think it was right of Simon to say that it was a "knockout," and I didn't agree with him that David Cook picked the wrong song. In my book, it was almost a tie.

No comments: