Friday, October 27, 2006

MA senate files cervical cancer bill

According to CBS4 Boston, the Massachusetts State Senate has filed a bill making it mandatory for girls to receive a cervical cancer vaccine before they can attend sixth grade! To be fair, I must mention that the bill includes an exception for those who object to the vaccine for religious reasons. Nevertheless, the mere availability of such a vaccins, let alone a government policy recommending or requiring it, is demeaning to girls and women, encourages the destruction of innocence, and violates the civil rights of all children. I oppose this bill completely and without hesitation. The link to the news story is below; I have not yet found any others. Once I find out more, I plan to take stronger action against this atrocity.

http://cbs4boston.com/health/local_story_300222339.html

No comments: