Thursday, February 23, 2006

"Idol" injustice

The 24 "American Idol" semifinalists have been narrowed down to 20. Two girl contestants, Becky and Stevie, were voted off, as well as two boys, Bobby and Patrick. Bobby deserved to go home, and Becky did to some extent, but Stevie and Patrick definitely deserved to stay. Mandisa, Brenna, Heather, Melissa, Kinnik, and Katharine were all worse than Stevie, and out of the boys, Sway and Gedeon were far worse than Patrick.

Out of the remaining contestants, Kellie and Ayla are my favorites among the girls. Although I was not a huge fan of Ayla early in the competition, I loved her choice of the song "Reflection" from Mulan. Kellie's country persona reminds me of last season's winner, Carrie Underwood. I also liked Lisa and Paris, because even though I do not particularly like the style of music they have been performing, I cannot deny that they have great voices and are great performers.

Among the boys, Bucky is probably my favorite. He seems like a country person, which is always a good thing, and his long blond hair is cool. I also thought David, Will, Chris, Kevin, and Taylor were excellent, and Ace and Elliot were also good.

No comments: