Thursday, March 09, 2006

What was America thinking?

The 12 "American Idol" finalists have been selected, and I do not agree with America's choices. Although the ejections of Gedeon and Kinnick were just, I really liked Will and thought he deserved to stay. The worst choice by far, however, was to vote out Ayla in favor of Melissa. Ayla could sing better than Melissa, dressed better, and had a far better overall image than Melissa. I really enjoyed Ayla's performance of "Unwritten" on Tuesday, as well as all of her other performances to date. Melissa's most recent performance was her best, but I did not like any of her previous performances, and I bet her good performance was just a fluke.

Well, at least Bucky is still in the competition. I thought he was going to be voted off when it came down to him and Gedeon. I was also surprised, but delighted, that Kevin got a spot in the top 12. I like him because he is unique and appealingly funny-looking, but did not expect most people to agree with my opinion. At this point, my favorites among the boys are, from best to worst, Bucky, Chris, Taylor, and Kevin. My favorite girl is Kellie. None of the other girls have proven themselves particularly noteworthy yet.

Another complaint I have is about the "Idol" voting system. Last night my family repeatedly tried to call in our votes, but were unable to get a single vote in. I fail to see the point of a voting system in which not everyone who wants to vote gets to. It's like having a presidential election and making a rule that only the first 100 people to arrive at the polling station get to vote. Prospective voters would be running like lunatics, pushing and shoving each other, and only the strongest and most vicious would get to vote! Systems in which not everyone can vote are unjust and produce results that do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bucky stinks. Stupid Redneck.

Imperial Leader said...

Very funny, Dad! (for those who don't know, the previous comment was from my father)